Yummy home-baked muffins, not a lot more to say is there really? I found the inspiration for this recipe at Cook Eat Paleo. Lisa’s versions are totally paleo and dairy-free. Me, well I like my paleo with cream, and go for the dairy mostly every time.
So here you go, get to it, they only take 5 minutes to mix up and pretty soon you will a tasty muffin or 6. They are perfect to eat as they are or cut them in half and add a pat of butter, load up with whipped cream or for a richer decadent taste, try a good spoonful of mascarpone cream instead.
Orange, Cranberry & Strawberry Muffins
200g Almond Meal or Flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
zest of 1 orange
3 eggs, whisked
1/4 cup coconut sugar
2 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp orange juice
1/4 c cranberries (can use dried but they have added sugar)
6 medium strawberries, quartered
- Preheat oven to 180c/325f and line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Whisk eggs and sugar until light and frothy add cooled melted butter and orange juice
- Mix wet ingredients into a medium bowl.
- Combine the rest of the dry ingredients & orange zest in a large bowl.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients and fold in cranberries and strawberries.
- Spoon into muffin cases.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and serve with whipped or mascarpone cream
If you love this recipe then make sure you sign-up so you receive each new recipe free and hot off the press!