When you want a quick snack to fill a tiny gap mid afternoon, isn’t it so much better to know exactly what is in your, hopefully, healthy nut bar? Well there are nut bars and there are nut bars – if you know what I mean. Seriously, have you read the list of ingredients (if you can call them that), in a typical nutty snack bar?
So how about these? Inspired by Beyond the Bite; super easy, 6 ingredients whizzed up left in the fridge until set, then wrap and go!
Macadamia, Cashew & Apricot Bars
1 cup raw, Macadamia nuts – unsalted
1 cup raw, Cashew nuts – unsalted
1/3 cup desiccated Coconut
1 1/2 cups dried apricots – read the ingredient list on the packet as some brands add extras.
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp melted coconut oil – you may need more depending on how dry the mix is. You can get away with not using this if you shape them into balls.
• Place macadamia, cashews & coconut in a food processor and blitz until chopped
• Add apricots and continue to blitz until slightly clumpy
• Add vanilla and melted coconut oil and continue to blitz until mixture starts to form clumps.
• You can now shape into bars or balls – whatever your fancy is. I have found that balls hold their shape better.
• Place in the freezer or fridge to set.
• Wrap and go or eat.
• If you shape these into 18 bars or balls – each is around 10g carbs so go easy on them!
If you like these then do head over to Beyond the Bite for more variations!