Do you love spinach and feta? Then you will love Spanakopita? A tasty pastry filled with a delicious mix of spinach and feta cheese. Wait up a minute – did I say pastry??? Yep, so that’s the reason it has been off bounds for the past three years. While I had thought to create one out of a paleo pastry, I admit I have been too lazy!
So look here, it’s been done for us thanks to Maria at Keto Adapted!
Maria uses “Fat Head Pastry” very similar to the pastry I use in my Sausage Roll recipe. So not only is it grain and gluten free it is low carb.
You need to gather together the following…
- 1¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- ⅛ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons marinated red pepper (I used jarred red peppers)
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic, or ½ clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced scallions or onions
- ½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese