This year the Foodie Teen and I have this one thing in common – we have both had time out from sharing recipes. But Alessandra’s post has inspired me to get blogging again and what better way to start than to share her amazing Strawberry, Mint and Lime Cheesecake. Grain and Gluten free – of course!
I have written about Alessandra, The Foodie Teen before, she is an amazing young woman, and I encourage you to read her story.
What she has posted, motivated me to share her recipe because like her, I too have been very quiet with my recipe sharing this year. A little health scare, a house sale and a planned new house build has left me lacking a bit of energy on the food creativity front. However, I have been getting inspired by others creativity recently so are planning on a little more activity!
Anyway, enough of the talk. Here is the list of ingredients for this yummy cheesecake and the instructions can be found here. Enjoy!
The Foodie Teens – Strawberry, Mint and Lime Cheesecake
For the Crust
- 1 cups (140g) raw walnuts or almonds
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats or dessicated coconut
- 1 cup (about 20) pitted dates
- 2tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- the zest of 2 limes
- 1 cup (150g) cashews
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- a handful of fresh mint leaves
- 6 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 3.5 cups (about 750g) fresh or frozen strawberries
- 3 tsp agar agar powder
- 1/4 cup (60ml) full-fat coconut milk
- Lime wedges, strawberries, sprigs of fresh mint
Here is the recipe link : Strawberry, Mint and Lime Cheesecake